Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

You know...sometimes you meet someone and it seems "Oh so great," and then after some time goes by you realize the greatness is the newness of the situation and each person settles into who they really are. I'm active, can't sit down, and hardly ever stop thinking and planning. I thought for quite some time that I found someone who could keep up with me. I was wrong and tonight I'm feeling the sadness of ending something that seemed really great...but still I found it doesn't really meet my needs.

I've wavered on this decision for a while trying to figure out if it's just me or if it's just us and I finally realized it doesn't matter. It's just not exactly what I'm looking for and I don't feel at 47 that I'm ready to settle in to something that I am doubting. I think a relationship needs a certain chemistry or spark and so I will continue in my search.  

Even though he saw us together until death, I felt myself pulling away. I think I'm looking for someone that will grab my hand and take me on the road, travel, jet skiing, scuba diving, to sporting events and someone that has a passion for life and, most importantly, for me. I honestly don't even care most of the time what it is I'm doing...I just like to go do things.

So, as I sit here alone pondering the next step...

Thanks, friends, for listening to me this last week or so as I made my decision and followed through. I really appreciate the encouragement!

2 comments:

LibraryGirl62 said...

<3 U :)

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately,most men do not have the energy that most woman have. Therefore, causing detachment at some point in time. Needs are so different that i wonder how some couples coexist for so many years. exceptance of who we are for what we are is one answer. When we try to change someone, we will most always end up changing nothing but our minds