Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Weekend

Well, my daughter is turning 20 this weekend. Kind of blows me away. Where have 20 years gone? All I know is that through 20 years she has developed into the kind of person that she wants to be. She's headstrong, direct, morally focused, academically focused, smart, funny, and beautiful. Oh, and so much more than any of that...she cares...not just about herself but everyone else. She's amazing. So, in celebration of her birthday this weekend, we're having a big party at the new house.

Not only are we celebrating Brianna's birthday, but we are celebrating Adam's birthday...and sort of having a farewell party to Adam's family. My friend, Mike, and his three kids are moving back to Minnesota on Sunday, so Saturday will be our last chance to see them for probably a very long time.

Brianna and Adam share a birthday and upon talking to my neighbor I found out that they share that birthday with her husband so, what the heck, we invited them as well.

We're expecting around 35 - 40 people so we should have a house full and oh also, Tyler is dogsitting for a week for not one, but two dogs. Oh the joy never ends.

Saying farewell will be sad as I've known the kids since the minute they were born and even longer I've known Mike since around 1984. Mike lost his wife 4 years ago to cancer and will now move back home to the embrace of his family.

So, tonight we're all going shopping for the big day - Brianna's 20th birthday. I just still can hardly believe it.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Happy Birthday Brianna. Sounds like a good time at the new place. One of these days...