Wednesday, August 11, 2010

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

Somehow it seems that I have landed back up in the Blue Ridge area for my 2010 vacation. So many things happened on my last vacation up in this area that being here and driving on many of the same roads and through the same towns has brought back many memories, but I've been having a great time making some new and great positive memories. This is a photo of the beautiful cabin that we rented outside of Blue Ridge. The view is incredible. It has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a pool table, hot tub, and three fireplaces.

As soon as we checked out the cabin we ran back out to go get groceries. The guy at the fish counter says to me, "I know you." I'm thinking, "Yeah right." He says, "I worked with you in Naples." We figured it out. He recognized me from when I was 19 years old and worked at K-Mart on North Tamiami Trail. So crazy. After he told me who he was and I saw past the gray hair and glasses I couldn't believe it. Here was someone 10 or 11 hours from m home that I knew in 1982 when I first moved here. So absolutely crazy!

Sunday we went over to Chattanooga and visited some friends of mine that actually live in Flintstone, GA. It was great to share a glass of wine and catch up with their world. My friend has just received her doctorate and continues to be a professor at a college on Lookout Mountain. We also found the Chattanooga Market which is a large outdoor market with crafts and a big section was the farmer's market.



Yesterday we went horseback riding. This was a two hour trail ride and was awesome. The scenery was so beautiful. The guide even took us across fields trotting and galloping. It's been since my teen years since I have ridden a horse that fast. It was very exciting.

Today we drove to Sweetwater, TN to a place called The Lost Sea. It is the largest underground lake in North America covering about 4 1/2 acres and ranging up to 65 feet deep. It was down in a cave system and they even have boat rides around the lake and the rainbow trout come up to the surface as they throw food in the water. It was a really worthwhile excursion. So cool. Check out the website at thelostsea.com. It's definitely worth the experience.

A few more days to go on vacation and then back to work on Monday. Tomorrow I'll be whitewater rafting. I can't wait. It will be my third time going. I hope it is an exciting ride!



1 comment: