Monday, July 19, 2010

A House is a Lot of Work

Owning a house means a lot of work. This morning I was laying in bed thinking about everything (past, present, and future) and nothing (meaning moments of serious nothingness) when I received a phone call from my handyman. Kenny had some options to lay out for me on my doors that need replaced and I listened and wrote everything down and told him I'd get back to him. Fiberglass doors, fiberglass doors with wood edges, steel doors, wood doors...ah the list goes on making my mind wonder what is the best option.

I wish my dad lived closer so I could pick his brain about all of this stuff...door choices. But I guess if I figured out how to get bids on a roof and hire a roofer, get the entire house with new carpet and tile, paint the whole place inside and out with family and friends, then I can figure out what doors to buy. While being the one to constantly make every decision can be empowering, it can also be exhausting.

After the doors, the next big project on this house that I want to tackle is the pool deck. I have not started looking into my options yet so if you know anyone that can make a nice pool deck, leave me a note!

Tyler and I will be mowing and weedeating today. Then off to buy lava rock to re-do those flower beds. There is something about sweating your ass off while working outside that is good for the soul. :)

No comments: