Thursday, December 9, 2010

Comfort

I have hit this unbelievable level of comfort in my life. Not financially but emotionally.

Last night my kids, one of their friends, and my guy all came over to put the lights on our tree and decorate it. A few days before Tyler and I went to our typical pick a tree place "Home Depot" to get a tree. We took our new puppy, Bella, with us. She was tiny and fit in my coat popping her head up so strangers could ooh and aahh over her. She loves being at our house with a fenced in backyard where she can run around investigating everything imaginable. Never mind she's peed here and there as I work to train her and today she sort of ate my favorite black heels...but I still love her. So, anyway, Tyler and I were there struggling to pick out a tree since Brianna has had to work so much and could not join us we decided to go a sort of unconventional route. We decided on the type of tree and then we decided not to cut the ties open and look at it. We decided this year we were going to "take a chance." So, off we went with our "take a chance" tree in the back of his little truck. We got home and he cut it open and banged it so all the dead stuff would fall off. He and I got it in the house and put it in the stand. We stood back and admitted that it was probably the nicest tree we've had in 7 years which is how long we've been getting a real tree. It almost touches our ceiling and it is very full. With all of the lights and decorations on it I sat back and smiled. It was a peaceful evening of joy and laughter. No one fighting, no one is jealous, no one is angry. There is just peace in my house. This is the best present I could ever have.


1 comment:

LibraryGirl62 said...

life is good , baby. Life is good!