Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh, and today was my birthday!

Today I turned 47 years old. I admit that I'm not in a place today that I figured I'd be when I turned 40. At 39 years of age I met a man that I thought was the answer to my dreams. I wanted to share the rest of my life with him. I wanted to marry him and raise our kids together. I wanted to travel and laugh and well, all of the good stuff...with him. Now, it has been 7 1/2 years since I left my marriage and 7 1/2 years of growth and working through a learning process that made me realize that just because you have this immense chemistry with someone and love them with every ounce of your being doesn't mean they are worthy of your love. Someone has to respect you enough to be worthy of your love and if they don't...you aren't allowed to give it to them. See? Another year wiser. So, another year has passed. What do Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride sing about?

Trip Around the Sun

Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday
Better think about the wish I made
This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake
Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun

Chorus:

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go

No, you never see it coming
Always wind up wondering where it went
Only time will tell if it was time well spent
It's another revelation
Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun

(Chorus)
Yes, I'll make a resolution
That I'll never make another one
Just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun
Just enjoy this ride ...
Until it's done

Tonight I finish up my birthday. Thanks for the calls...each and every one of them. Some brought laughter while others brought tears. I look forward to many more. Hopefully they will all be relatively calm like this one. Full of hope, goodness, and joy.  

No comments: