Monday, December 27, 2010

Something you hope you never have to do

That's an easy one to answer. Late this afternoon I drove Brianna to the airport as she planned on hopping a flight to Atlanta and then to Philadelphia. Philadelphia was hit with a blizzard yesterday and I did not think she should go. My dad also did not think she should go just purely for safety's sake. She is an adult at 20 years old I could have put my foot down and demanded that since she live at home she follow my wishes and not go, but the bottom line is that she is a young lady in love with a grown man who serves our country. I don't think there was much that would have stopped her from going. She just texted me and let me know she made her connection. She also has to call me when she lands in Philadelphia and also when they arrive safely at his mom's house. I'm sure it will all be fine...but this brings to the forefront the one thing I hope I never ever have to do. I don't ever want to have to bury one of my children...like my own parent's have had to do. I pray the Lord takes me first.

2 comments:

LibraryGirl62 said...

I could not agree more-the WORST thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Amen