Friday, December 17, 2010

Something you have to forgive someone for

I need to forgive my ex-husband, Dean, for his alcohol addiction.

I need forgive Nick for being abusive emotionally, verbally, and at the end, physically. As he spouted change and said I was the only one that didn't see his changes, the abuse got worse. There was change alright...just not the kind it takes to make a successful relationship. Ending this relationship was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...because even though someone has some really bad qualities you can also love their good qualities until it becomes your own undoing.

I forgive you both - though this forgiveness may not be needed by you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness is about/and for the forgiver, not about the forgiven. At some point the final line in your essay will not need stating.